Thanks a lot for everyone honored us by being there in the SharePoint Saturday event 16th October 2010.
In this post – and the updated ones – I’ll post all the related content of my session [SharePoint 2010 Business Intelligence Insights] ISA
You can download the presentation file from here
Then, to configure the lap machine please follow the following steps:
- Download the 180 days evaluation software from the following links, if you don’t have licensed ones:
- Windows Server 2008 evaluation from here.
- SQL Server 2008 R2 evaluation from here.
- Office Professional Plus 2010 evaluation from here, this one only works for 60 days unfortunately .
- SharePoint designer 2010 from here, this one is free .
- Download the SQL Server 2008 R2 AdventureWorks sample database from here.
- Download PowerPivot for SharePoint and excel from here, this one is free .
Now, you have the presentation and lap machine up and running.
Kindly, note that additional configuration steps will be added within their related demos, as the above setup is the basic one.
Please, try to create the machine and let me know if you need any help.
ISA in the following posts, I’ll create samples using the above created machine on the different tools of the Microsoft BI framework.
I hope that helped