Just came across the following solution to solve the common SharePoint 2010 Silverlight web parts (Org Browser and Media Web parts) Arabic display issue.
The solution is very simple:
- Locate the following 2 files [HierarchyChart.xap] and [MediaPlayer.xap] in [14 hive]\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\ClientBin
- Do the following for the 2 files:
- Very important to backup the 2 files first, just in case.
- The [.xap] file is basically a compressed folder (Archive), so open the file using a compression tool like [7-Zip]
- Open the [AppManifest.xaml] file using notepad, make sure that you open the file from the archive to make sure that the changes will be saved to the archive as well.
- Change the [RunTimeVersion] to [5.0.61118.0]
- Save the [AppManifest.xaml] (Inside the archive).
- Open your browser.
- Make sure that you clear the browser cache.
- Enjoy your organization browser in Arabic.
The idea beyond the solution is to force the Silverlight runtime to the newest version which has the proper RTL support.
Please, try this and submit your feedback.
I hope that helped
Thanks a lot for everyone honored us by being there in the SharePoint Saturday event 16th October 2010.
In this post – and the updated ones – I’ll post all the related content of my session [SharePoint 2010 Business Intelligence Insights] ISA
You can download the presentation file from here
Then, to configure the lap machine please follow the following steps:
- Download the 180 days evaluation software from the following links, if you don’t have licensed ones:
Follow the following guide to have SharePoint 2010 installed here.
When you been asked to create a site collection, create one using the Business Intelligence Center Template.
Install the SQL Server 2008 R2 AdventureWorks sample database executable.
Follow this guide to install the analysis services database.
Install Office Professional Plus 2010.
Install PowerPivot fro excel ( the download page has a small guide for that).
Install PowerPivot for SharePoint using this guide.
Configure Excel Services using this guide.
Add the Data Connection Library on your BI Center to the trusted data connection libraries on the Excel Services manage page.
Configure the unattended service account for PerformancePoint Services using this guide.
To be able to open Office files from SharePoint without annoying unknown errors enable the Desktop Experience Feature using the following guide.
- Windows Server 2008 evaluation from here.
- SQL Server 2008 R2 evaluation from here.
- Office Professional Plus 2010 evaluation from here, this one only works for 60 days unfortunately .
- SharePoint designer 2010 from here, this one is free .
- Download the SQL Server 2008 R2 AdventureWorks sample database from here.
- Download PowerPivot for SharePoint and excel from here, this one is free .
Now, you have the presentation and lap machine up and running.
Kindly, note that additional configuration steps will be added within their related demos, as the above setup is the basic one.
Please, try to create the machine and let me know if you need any help.
ISA in the following posts, I’ll create samples using the above created machine on the different tools of the Microsoft BI framework.
I hope that helped
You are all invited to attend the first SharePoint Saturday ever in Kuwait.
You can find more details on the session here and here.
Also, this is the event page on Facebook.
ISA, I’ll do the BI session.
I hope to see you there